To celebrate our 10th anniversary we, at the Children's Grief Centre, are delighted to be hosting our first conference:
‘Children and Loss’ on Friday 14th June, 2019 in The Millennium Theatre, Limerick Institute of Technology.
The Children’s Grief Centre is a support service for school-aged children and young people affected by loss through death, separation and divorce. We would be delighted if you could join us on the day and in doing so, help us to spread the message about our important work.
The conference fee is €50 per attendee, which includes refreshments and a light lunch.
The following are the two keynote speakers:
- Dr Elizabeth Nixon will discuss ‘Current research on the effects of parental separation on children: What hurts and what helps.’
- The title of Daniel McConnell’s talk is ‘Can you hear me now? - Why it is important for children dealing with grief to be heard.’
There will also be a choice of four workshops.
You will be required to select One of the following workshop when purchasing your ticket through Eventbrite.ie.
- Helen Culhane and Theresa Kavanagh, Supporting Children and Young People following Separation and Divorce
- Jennifer Moran Stritch, The Benefits for Care Professionals of Education on Loss and Grief
- Elke Hayes, Children’s Perspectives of their Family Relationships After Parental Separation
- Rebecca Lloyd, Supporting Teachers through Bereavement and Loss in the Classroom
More information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 (0)87 985 1733 or +353 (0)61 224 627