Posted 26 Apr 2012
Below are extracts from comments made by children / young people:
‘What was most helpful about the service?’
- “The most helpful thing was being able to talk about how I feel and getting help”.
- “Being able to talk to someone letting it all out”.
- I stopped worrying.
- “To talk about everything”.
- “Helen helped me by saying it was okay to cry”.
- “The sessions made a difference to me, now I am not as worried as I used to be”.
- “Coming to talk about your problems and issues in life”.
- “It helped me to know it’s not the end of the world”.
- “I stopped getting pains in my tummy”.
- there was someone you could talk to and that someone listened”.
- “Being able to talk freely and openly in a safe environment without judgement”.
Below are extracts from comments made by parents:
‘Have you noticed a difference in your child’s behaviour?’
- “After the first session I noticed a very big change – out of the blue he said ‘I don’t know why but for some reason I feel happy’.
- “He has become much lighter and is no way near as tearful as he was”.
- “She is very relieved at the outcome she has achieved through her voice being heard”.
- “She is less burdened with worry and seems lighter, brighter and happier”.
- “Our home life is less fraught”.
- “He isn’t afraid to share his opinions”.
- “She is a lot happier than she has been in 3 yrs”.
- “Yes I feel after each session that the children feel a sense of relief and light heartiness”.
- “His mood swings have lessened and he seems a happier child.”
- “On attending it was like the little light being switched back on”.
- “Yes he is much happier now, he is starting to gain confidence and he is starting to be a child again”.