JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Children’s Grief Centre: Children’s Loss and Bereavement Centre
||Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
||Friday – 9.30 am to 5.00 pm.
12-month contract with 3 months’ probation
||Children’s Grief Centre
Westbourne, Ashbourne, South Circular Rd., Limerick.
Tel 061 224 627 or 087 985 1733
||Theresa Kavanagh, Senior Support Worker.
Working as part of a growing team of staff and volunteers, this role applies counselling knowledge and expertise to children, young people, and their family.We provide support to children and young people, who have suffered a loss through bereavement or separation/divorce.
The work is Centre based and includes the following responsibilities.
- Core Responsibilities
- To provide an effective loss and grief service to the children, young people, and families in the Mid-West region.
- To support children and young people on a one-to-one basis.
- To ensure all safeguarding training is relevant and up to date.
- To positively promote the service to other agencies and fund providers.
- To produce and maintain relevant client and service statistics in addition to maintaining expenses and all other organisational records as required.
- To provide relevant service reports as required.
2. Practice Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the provision of a support service for children and young people and families.
- To engage flexibly with children and their carers, to promote constructive working relationships.
- To liaise effectively with other agencies, to promote and develop the service.
- To positively engage with line management.
- To maintain open communication with colleagues and provide information within the time and format required.
- To maintain records and provide statistical returns as required.
- To maintain confidentiality for and with clients (individual and organisational).
The post holder will be required to: –
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of Health and Safety arrangements/ standards.
- Adhere to all of Children’s Grief Centre’s policies and codes of conduct, including for example:
- Take responsibility for his or her professional development including attending monthly client supervision provided by the Centre.You are also required to undergo performance appraisal to maximise your potential and meet the demands of the post.
- Relevant professional qualification (Counselling/Psychotherapy/Play Therapy Qualification).
- Evidence of having worked with Children and Young People.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at both written and oral level.
- Competent working knowledge of computers/IT technology.
How to apply for the role:
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and would like to join the team at Children’s Grief Centre email your CV along with your qualifications to:
We look forward to hearing from you.
CHILDREN’S GRIEF CENTRE